June 23, 2011

What I'm Eating (6/23)

Lately, I have been trying to step outside the box with my posts. I've been trying short posts, long posts, polls, tips, videos, lists, etc. Today, I am stealing an idea from my older brother. Every Sunday, he posts a blog about what he has been reading the past week. I've decided to do a spoof of that called "What I'm Eating," focusing on the interesting foods I've recently tried or want to try.

1)Al's Deli and Grill A small Mediterranean grill right off of UAB's campus in downtown Birmingham. We bought two gyros, a small fry and only spent about thirteen dollars! Best part? It's open 24/7!


2) Blue Diamond Almond Milk After reading an article in a magazine about the benefits of almond milk, I have wanted to try it. It is only 40 calories, and is about the same price as cow's milk. I chose "Vanilla, Unsweetened," and I really like it. Great for cereal, not so great by itself.



3)McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundae with Nuts Not exactly unusual, but it's definitely a must-have for summer!


4)Chicago Café's Italian Sub Salami, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, mozzarella cheese, Italian dressing, all on French bread! One of my favorite lunch spots.


and lastly, a food I want to try


5) Linguine with Mussels I love mussels, I love linguine, so when I saw this on an episode of Instant Star, I couldn't help but crave it.


What foods have you tried this week? Have you come across a restaurant you like? What food are you dying to try? Or perhaps, it's the perfect time of year to eat your favorite food. If so, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment