January 25, 2009

I'm a Hazard to Myself

Since I became old enough to care, I have never been skinny. I was always the one to plan diets, workouts, and motivational quotes, but never actually follow through. So, I am changing things up, SCREW DIETS! I was thinking about it and every time I deprive myself, I end up going on a crazy binge. In the past day, I have learned the value of myself.

It doesn't matter if i'm not the skinniest or the smartest, because I'm me. Someone I really look up to showed me something yesterday. I am beautiful; I am smart; I am strong. What more do I need? He told me that you cannot constantly compare yourself to others, because everyone is different. Most of the time you feel not good enough, you're usually outshining that person, you just don't take the time to realize it.

Lately, I have been down and just desiring to get out of this. What I mean by "this," I can't really define. To be vague, I have just not been happy. Everything seemed to be going wrong, but then I woke up and smelled the Mexican sasuage my dad was cooking.

I have nothing. Therefore, I have nothing to lose. Having nothing to lose is the equivalent to having everything. I can go for any opportunity. The few things I can lose, I would never.

Lately, I have been questioning how things will go with a certain boy. I thought about it for hours overthinking all possibilities. Shall I tell him how I feel? Shall I drop this "crush?" I finally came to a simple conclusion: don't worry.

Sounds too simple doesn't it? It sounds as if I have given up when in fact that's exactly the complete opposite. No one wants to worry, so why do it if we don't have to? We're all looking for some kind of compensation, why not a mini-vaca? Give your problems to God, and enjoy a little spontaneity.

No comments:

Post a Comment