January 21, 2009

My Prince Charming

There seems to be so many movies coming out with some kind of "Cinderella" story these days. Every girl who goes through a hard time expects to have Prince Charming save them, right? In a sense, maybe not as Disney meant, we all have a Prince Charming. There is someone standing at our doorstep waiting to save us; we just don't realize it.

Reading this you must be thinking, is this girl crazy? (Honestly, I cannot answer that because the test results are yet to come back.)

Jesus is here to save us. Not to quote the VBS song, but "he came from heaven to earth to show the way." It's something that we have sang over and over again, but really think about it. He did, didn't He? We all sit around wandering why things go wrong or try to change petty circumstances, when in reality we can't. When we are stubborn, we oversee reality.

I received an e-mail from a friend I had discussed my acting camp dilemma with, and she used simple words, but made a big impact. "Anything is possible if you bring it to God." I'd done everything I possibly could have thought to except bring it to God.

Why is it always our last thought to bring things to God? Why can we not allow ourselves to trust Him? Too often in our society is God underestimated. It is pathetic, sometimes I get so angry with myself for doing the same things.

God created the world. If He wanted to, He could make my dream of acting happen. People keep telling me to back down that this is never going to happen. I won't let myself, no, I can't let myself back down. I'm confused as to why it is, but something is telling me this is what I need to do. Maybe, I am crazy. Maybe, I am just ignorant.

I'm undeniably scared. I'm scared of letting myself down, of letting others down. I'm scared of missing an opportunity that might ultimately determine my fate. I'm scared of the what-ifs.

I don't know much about life, but what I do know is you can't keep shuffling through the what-ifs. In 20 years, I don't want to sit around and wonder what would have happened if I went to that acting school. Everyone says live life to the fullest, but doesn't encourage you to pursue your dreams. How hypocritical! No, I don't have a lot of money, and no, I'm not that pretty, but if given the chance, I could change that.

Everyone says you need experience, but they're not willing to give you experience. This goes to show there's only two people you can trust in this world: God and yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment