April 5, 2013

Five First Times

This is the first post in my new segment called, "Five Things Friday" which will be a sort of mini-blog that showcases what I'm currently into, how I'm feeling, and what is going on in my life.

The past seven days for me have been all about trying new things, and here are a few of these things...


5 First Times of This Week:

1) Shot a pistol. I'm a girl's girl to a tee. My favorite color is glitter and I love my sorority. BUT I was also raised in a household where we discussed Chicago gangsters and scowl at anyone who believes in gun control. This past weekend, though, I went to a shooting range for the first time. It was quite exhilarating, and it really cleared my mind. I foresee this happening again soon.

2) Ate boiled peanuts. Like from a crockpot in a gas station in the middle of nowhere. I like to try everything once, but this was not one of my better life choices. I also ate orange marshmallow circus peanuts--those were also disgusting.

3) Used a weight machine. I'm a pretty simple exerciser. For cardio, I run or dance. For strength, I lift free weights. I finally decided to suck it up, and chance looking stupid while I tried four different leg machines. I may have gotten some awkward stares, but I left the gym a stronger woman.

4) (Almost) Broke into a car. Not like illegally, or anything. When I was at the beach last weekend, my friend locked her keys in her trunk. We tried to use not one, but two ghetto wire hangers that we acquired from passersby. Unfortunately, we failed miserably and some people who felt bad for us came and let us use their AAA. If I ever lock my keys in my nonexistent car, though, I'll know all the things not to do.

5) Ran three miles. I've realized that I'm never going to be a marathon runner, and I'm never going to have a record time in a 100 meter dash. Because of my scholarship's hour requirements, I was forced to take a PE class this semester. I finally have gotten my run up to three consecutive miles. (At the beginning of the semester, I didn't run AT ALL, so this is a vast improvement.)

No comments:

Post a Comment