June 28, 2010

Crazy

Many times people say that so-and-so makes them crazy. Usually it's said discussing the annoyance a familiar member or close friend has caused. In my life, I have someone who literally makes me crazy. When I am around this person, I lose all control. I don't know how to function. I don't know how to control myself. It's so strong, it's almost like I am possessed. Reading this, you may think I am talking about a passionate love affair, but I'm not.

Have you ever met someone who "makes" you go against all you know? Someone who brings out the very worst in you? Someone who aggravates you so much you think you can't breathe? Someone who is so ridiculous that you justify the crazy? I do.

It's a terrible feeling. Personally, my advice is avoid these people, find people who lift you up, who make you want to be better. I have learned that sometimes you cannot avoid the people who make you barbaric. I've also learned another thing.

You do not have to be crazy. You see I have experienced Love so grand that there is no reason for me to be crazy. There is no reason for me to be angry. There is no reason for me to be revengeful.

The more I consider, the more I realize what is really crazy here. What is crazy is that I am so unbelievably blessed and so loved that there is no reason for "the crazy" to exist in my life. I have convinced myself that I won't be okay until I am away from this person, and you know what? That may be true. I may be over it when I get away, but I don't have to wait.

I don't have to wait for myself to heal only because I have allowed myself to get bitter. I recently read a book, and a guy in it had overcome a lot of pain in his life when asked how, he replied "when something traumatic happens, you can either get bitter or better. I chose the latter." (paraphrased)

Isn't that the truth? What I have found to also be true is that I don't have to wait to get better. Maybe if I can get better now, it can help eliminate the crazy. Heck, it's worth a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment