May 3, 2009

Lost and Insecure:You Found Me.

I'm starting to feel really proud of myself, for starting things. The only problem is that starting something means nothing unless you're willing to finish it. I am the world champion at beginning things I never accomplish. I have always viewed it as such a weak point. Is it that I simply do not have the willpower? Or that I am not ambitious enough?

Sometimes these insecurities haunt us. That's another tough spot though, how do you know when to change the flaw or accept it? Where do we find that line? Everyone tells you to be proud of your body, not insecure, but when do we reach they point where we should stop crying and make a change? I guess that's another line left up to us to decide.

I sometimes question if life would be easier if every year on your birthday you received a manual discussing all the problems that would occur in the next year, and specific advice on how to deal with them. Every time I think this, I must take it a step farther and open my eyes. We were given that book. The Bible discussing any corruption we could possibly come across, but we try so hard to avoid it's teachings. We believe that we, sinners, can accomplish more on our own than our king, and creator ever could. When I put it that way, it sounds kind of ridiculous, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment